Don't be safety-blind:
Workplace-related eye injury and its impact on your company and employees
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 20,000 workplace eye injuries happen every year. These issues range from eye strain to severe trauma, which can potentially lead to permanent damage, vision loss, and blindness. While devastating in terms of health, these injuries can also put a financial burden on employers; OSHA reported that workplace-related eye injuries total around $300 million every year, costing employers in lost productivity, medical treatment, and workers' compensation.
In this eBook, we'll explore some of the common causes of workplace-related eye injuries, identify the issues, and discuss ways to prevent these accidents from happening.
Table of contents
- Common causes of workplace-related eye injury
- How to recognize eye injuries and symptoms
- Eye protection options
- How to prevent eye injury at work
- How to plan ahead to prevent eye injuries
- Provide access to managed vision care